18 February 2008
Mardi Gras
Hi guys. I had a joyous weekend by myself while my parents and Jared were away to Charleston. It was quite fun. Jared talked about his experience at Mardi Gras and the only words I can use to describe the trip was educational and interesting. It was educational because I came to the conclusion I don't want to become drunk enough to think that dressing up as Superman and running through the streets is acceptable. It was interesting because of all the um... unique people I met. I believe any 83 year old man who is comfortable wearing just a pink teddy and pink hat is unique. I wanted my picture taken with him but the chaperones wouldn't let me. However, Mr. Thomas let other people have their pictures taken with naked cowboys. I honestly believe hanging out with the old man was better because you didn't run the risk of being lassoed just to hear cow pokes sing a song about how wonderful life is wearing boots. The only disbelieving thing about the cowboys singing about wearing boots was the fact that they weren't wearing boots, they were wearing nothing accept a hat. I went on a really cool boat and now want to be a sailor when I grow up. The trip was truly amazing. I saw drunk people, got pelted with beads, assaulted a police officer (twice), took a picture of Mr. Thomas wearing a zebra looking cowboy hat, watched a fellow band member toss his cookies over the side of the boat and saw some really amazing sites. I screamed my lungs out when I saw the Go-Gos, one of my favorite bands of all time. I couldn't speak for a while, of course though I found my voice when I felt the need to ask Mr. Thomas why in the world we play Rocky Top when we don't live in Tennessee. I just got stared at. I'll tell you there is nothing like New Orleans the trip truly was amazing and some things beautiful. While my parents have been away I have decided that I want to start back with piano lessons. I won't be able to though because there is no one to teach me around here. I have also decided that for my 15th birthday I would like Melodie to come to my house and fix easy mac for me and for us to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. School is fine and I am glad this week is short. I can't wait till Friday because I miss Suzi. I am also looking forward to seeing Meredith. Just to let yall know I enjoyed seeing a lot of you this weekend and I would much rather have done that then seen College of Charleston in the rain. Have a good week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was great, Sarah! Maybe we can make some plans for me to come over and watch "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with you for your bday. I think you bday is on a Saturday. Maybe we could do that on Friday night. We'll see! I'll bring the easy-mac! :)
Goodness gracious, Sarah Bell! That was a full trip for sure! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment