21 October 2007

Hey, y'all!

This morning during church as our pastor was preaching about Brylcream Faith (a little dab'll do ya), my mind wandered. I realized that I get regular - monthly, weekly, or even a couple of times a week - email newsletters and announcements from a lot of entities: American Institute of Architects, USGBC, HHI-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce, Girl Scouts, book club, Classmates.com, Sunday School, Furman, Lowcountry Young Professionals, Victoria's Secret, Linens 'n Things, Quiznos, LL Bean, and the list goes on!

My point is, I know what's on sale at Victoria's Secret, when the next Girl Scouts meeting is, Furman's football record, and Quiznos' deal of the week, but I know very little about what's going on with all of you. All I know is what gets passed through the grapevine, and I don't always listen well. And sometimes they think they tell us stuff, but they don't remember who they have and haven't told! So, why aren't we using email with our family like we do with everybody else???

I was just interrupted by my lovely husband who suggested a blog instead of emails. I think that's a pretty good idea, so let's give it a try!

I suggest that every family post on this blog once a week or so to fill in everybody about what's going on in your lives - a good grade on a test, rehearsals for a big performance, planning a vacation, growing vocabulary, a new dress at a really good price, anything just to stay connected. If there is nothing "special" going on at the moment, just say hi, or drop a line to say that you're really busy, you've eaten fast food all week, and your grass is knee high.

This should be pretty easy to use. If you received an "invitation" you are invited to be an "author," which means you can create posts. If you are commenting on a something that someone else posted, you should just "comment." New posts should be created for new subjects.

Let's give it a try. I do not have email addresses for the following people, so if you know them, send them to me so that I can add them as authors and send them an invitation.

Lili, Jamie, Charlotte, Pete, Vilai, Jared, Sarah

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!

love, Ree

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's try it. Never done this before!

Johnny Merck said...

Hi Ree: I finally checked it out. Looks great and a great idea. I'll contribute when I can, or think about it, or have something to say, or think of something you and all the others need to know, or just feel like talking.