02 November 2007

Events in the Life of Jared

Hey All. Well just a little update on my life. Band has started winding down, I'm really excited about that. All of our competitions are over but we still have to go to these lovely play off games. Luckily we don't have to play our show we just play in the stands. I've been really busy applying to colleges. I've applied to Tulane, Clemson, and College of Charleston. If I go to Tulane of College of Charleston I want to major in Biology but if I get into Clemson I want to major in Genetics. I've also been really busy with Beta Club and Student Council. I'm Beta Club president so I have to mail out invitations to be in the Beta Club and then I have to arrange an induction and academic banquet before Thanksgiving, wish me luck. Everyone in the Wicker house is doing well. I miss you all.
-Jared

4 comments:

The Hill's said...

Wow! Jared, I'd say you have got it goin' on! Did you say you had applied to those schools? It sounds like you either want to be close or NOT. Good Luck!
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We are so proud of you and everything you are accomplishing! We miss you, too!

Meredith said...

Great pic, Jared! Maybe you should skip college and go straight into modeling! OK, this is out of left field, but since you mentioned biology and genetics, I just started reading an awesome book, and I think you would like it. It's called The Language of God, by Francis Collins. Collins is the head of the human genome project, former agnostic, then atheist, now Christian. I haven't gotten far into the book yet, but basically, it's about how science enhances his faith and vice versa. And it is amazingly easy to read. In fact, I recommend it to everyone. More about the book later. Love you!

Melodie said...

Jared, I saw you last night, although briefly since your popular self had a Halloween party to get to. Hope you had fun! Keep me posted on the college thing!