15 November 2007

Mountain trip and update

Hey everybody! Hope everyone's doing well. We went to Pigeon Forge last weekend with Brad's parents and Bobby, Leanne, and the kids. We had a great time. Brad, Loren, Brett, and I went horseback riding on a 3-mile mountainous trail. It was great! I had some scary moments considering my horse decided to gallop as fast as he could down a huge hill. I was holding on for dear life and jerking those reins as hard as I could. Everybody was laughing at me. Allie enjoyed her first mountain trip too. She did get her first real boo-boo though. She was holding onto Papa James' fingers and walking around the cabin. He let her lead the way and, of course, she went straight to the hearth, let go of his fingers, slipped and fell on the corner of the hearth and hit her chin. It scared me to death but she's okay. She just had a bad scrape. It could've been so much worse. I've been putting Neosporin on it twice a day and the scab fell off yesterday. It looks much better. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse. Mr. James actually cried when it happened. As if Allie screaming wasn't enough drama! Anyway, we're doing good and getting ready for Thanksgiving. I think we're going to go ahead and put up some Christmas decorations this weekend. Oh, one more thing, our washing machine decided to go berzerk and spray a huge puddle of water in the floor Sunday night. So today I'm waiting on a new washing machine to be delivered. Anyway, that's my life at the moment. Charlotte, have a safe and fun trip to Ohio! Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.

3 comments:

The Hill's said...

Now that would have been a video to see of your horse taking off. I can only imagine how upset Mr. James was about Allie's boo-boo! Well, there will be many more to come. Oh, Good Luck Monday on your first day on the job!

Meredith said...

I would pay top dollar for that video.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine that video. Did Mr. James cry at that? You know I would have been!