20 November 2007

Giving Thanks

Scott and I will be staying in Bluffton for Thanksgiving so that he can work as much as possible. We are planning a big turkey dinner, with several friends joining us. We were happy to hear from Scott's mom today that she and Joe will be in Bluffton for the weekend, so we are looking forward to seeing them, too. They have been bitten by the Sun City bug and are returning to look at houses! I know you will be surprised to hear this, but I can get somewhat emotional sometimes. So instead of trying to say an impromptu blessing on Thanksgiving, I decided to prepare ahead of time to ward off any pesky tears. I found this one online and edited it slightly. Maybe you will want to pray it, too.
Lord, today we are truly thankful for so many things.
You have blessed us in so many ways.
We thank You for this wonderful country we live in
and for all its many heroes, past and present.
We thank You for our wonderful families and friends;
they are our greatest blessings.
Thank You for the creatures of the earth, air, and sea;
they teach us so much -
unconditional love, loyalty, and understanding.
We ask you that all who suffer with illness
have this day free from pain.
Thank You for all who have tables filled
with food and someone to share it with.
And for those that have no family or food,
we ask that You comfort them.
We thank You for the time we had with loved ones
who have gone on to be with You;
they will always be loved and greatly missed.
Thank You for allowing us to have love
and understanding in our hearts.
These many blessings make our humble lives happy and fulfilled.
Thank You, Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

That is beautiful. I'm printing it off so we can use it as our blessing today. Thank you!