03 November 2007

Saturday!

Today, I am taking on the tasks of cleaning out the girls rooms. Let us Pray (moment of silence) Oh my goodness - Isabella is a pack rat and won't get rid of her toys from when she was three and four. She keeps complaining she doesn't have time to play but I try and explaining the older you get there is less time to play oh, great she is going to be like he father and never grow up-HAHA After about an hour of just trying to straighten up I politely asked her to leave. Everything I touched was something special, even the cracker wrappers that aren't suppose to even be in her room. Is anybody feeling my pain yet. I am escaping to the blog for Family Support. Don't all rise up at once. Karen - of everybody do you have any advise? i have even used the cold and pitiful story of other children that are parentless and homeless and definitely toyless. Trying to get them to give some of this stuff up. I will say that they don't get a lot of toys for Christmas - thank goodness I started that Santa only brings three things. I try and limit the toys through the family because my kids are happy with Barnes and Noble gift cards. Books are easier to store and clean out. I'll be going back to the torture chambers now and try and vacuum up the village of dust bunnies in Isabella's room. Ya'll have a great day and think of me in my misery of prying stuff out of underprivileged children's hands. HAHAHAHAHA Charlotte

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, do NOT say anything to me about being up at 11:30, it's really 10:30 because the time has not changed yet and I did not get up until almost 10:00 this morning. Did you get the village under control? I wonder where Isabella gets her packrat tendencies from??

Meredith said...

My advice - move! Scott is the worst packrat ever. So everytime we moved (seven apartments in seven years!) I would throw out some of his stuff. Then when we got to the new place: "Where's my ---?" "Oh, it's in one of those boxes." That doesn't work so well anymore, now that we have bought a house and settled down, he's starting to realize that there aren't that many boxes, and his stuff isn't in them. Oh well.

Melodie said...

I can't say much about the room-cleaning thing--remember how mine used to look??? I hope Allie does not take after me. By the way, my mother just said she wants me to "finish" cleaning out my room. Good luck, Charlotte! Maybe Isabella's taking after Nonni and me:) Just what you wanted to hear!